Citizens of certain countries will be able to enter Vietnam without a visa for a certain period of time. The following is the list of countries and regions that have visa exemption agreements with Vietnam, unilaterally or bilaterally.
To get Vietnam visa exemption, visitors must have:
- Passport is valid for at least 6 months following their date of arrival in Vietnam.
- Passport has at least 02 blank pages.
Who Does Not Need a Visa for Vietnam?
As of March 16, 2022, regular passport holders of the following countries either DO NOT need a visa or CAN obtain an e-visa for Vietnam. Here is the list of e-visa and visa waiver countries for Vietnam:
- 30 days e-visa: List of Countries that allowed E-visa issuing.
- 15 days visa waiver: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Britain and Northern Ireland, Denmark, Russia, Japan, Korea, Norway, Finland, Belarus, Sweden
- 15 / 21 / 30 days visa waiver: ASEAN countries and countries that have bilateral treaties with Vietnam on Visa exemption (listed above)
Note: The above information about Vietnam visa exemption (updated on March 15, 2021) is provided for informational purposes only, please double check with the official authorities in your current country before departure.
Health Condition Requirement Instruction for People Entering Vietnam
Regarding the conditions to enter Vietnam, the Ministry of Health just issued a health instruction for people entering Vietnam:
- People entering VN need to have a PCR negative test result within 72 hours before boarding the plane;
- In case of a quick test, people entering VN do a quick test showing negative to covid within 24 hours before boarding the plane;
- Entering Vietnam now does not need retesting, nor requires people to show vaccine passport or certificate of having recovered from covid;
- Entering Vietnam does require you to make a health declaration at the apps PC-COVID or online declaration at: https://tokhaiyte.vn/;
- Children under 2 years old do NOT need to be tested for covid in all cases;
- People entering Vietnam need to self monitor for 10 days (without restriction of movement), wearing face masks, washing hands, trying to limit getting into contact with other people.
RELATED POST: Foreign Employment in Vietnam: The 4 Key Points
Frequently Asked Questions
– Business visa without the people’s committee approval?
Yes, it’s available again, without going through the procedure of People’s Committee’s Approval procedure. So this cut down significantly the time to get a visa to enter VN. Visa extension for business visa/tourist visas are still not available.
– ASEAN countries and countries that has bilateral treaty with VN on visa exemption
It was only 15 countries (of unilateral permit by the Vietnamese gov), but now, all countries that were given visa exemption are given the rights again (so 15-21-30 days) and even ABTC card holders are able to enter VN now.
Updated on this ABTC card: some people have reported that the airlines are not accepting ABC card yet for some reason; in such case, I would advise people to go for E Visa or business visa to enter VN instead first.
– Do E-visa and tourist visas are available now?
Yes. For people wanting to enter Vietnam for a quick visit, then they can use the website of E-visa from the Vietnamese government below (take note that it has the majority of countries on the list, but not all) https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt
– Can I get my visa exemption extended?
No. At the moment, visa extension is not available for those staying in Vietnam with visa exemption. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for consultation.